Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Any Takers?


I was at Deseret Book last night and was talking with the guy working there. He was telling me about the Time out for Women and girls. I had never heard of it so I asked him to explain what it was. He said the organizers of education week picked out some of their best speakers and are touring together. It is November 8 from 9:00am-3:00pm at the Phoenix Civic Plaza.
I'm thinking I want to go and wanted to see if anyone Else wants to go! I might even bring Rachelle since it is for Women and girls 12 and over! I used to go to Education week with some girlfriends when we lived in Utah and I loved it. I didn't love having to race to the most popular classes as fast as I could to make sure it didn't fill up before I got there! SO..this is better! No racing!
Also, on the web site it has some great devotionals by some of my favs like Mary Ellen Edmunds and Cherie Call!Here the link if you are interested
Anyhow, if there are any takers. let me know. We probably need to get the tickets by Oct 8. They say it sells out every year!
Oh, on the 7Th is Time out for couples also. I'm making Tony go to that too!

6 comments:

Shelli said...

Well, yeah, I wanna come! Too bad you live so freakin' far away! I love the link, though -- I'm going to fit it in with my morning routines. It's nice to start out with a nice thought like that!

Kendra said...

Sounds awesome. My Mother-in-law goes with her sisters every year and LOVES it. They do dinner after as well. I have been wanting to do it for awhile. I have always had little babies...Lets go!

Unknown said...

You've never heard of Time Out for Women? I went a couple of times when they came to Denver and it was great. Expensive, but great.

DANI KYNASTON said...

I would love to go. I wish that they had something like that here. I love taking time and being spiritually fed. I don't usually get a whole lot out church because the kids are screaming and crawling all over me. Hey, maybe I should make Brent fly me out. :-) Wishful thinking!

raising4boys said...

I've always wondered what Time Out was. Doesn't look they will be in Utah this year. Thanks for that link. I love Cherie Call also and I enjoyed reading her devotional.

Lori said...

I used to go with my mom and sisters, but I haven't been in a while. I'd love to go. Let me know when you sign up, or get tickets......