Sunday, August 3, 2008

52 Blessings Project ~ Week 31

This Week I Am Grateful For ~ The Mountains!

Ever since Tony and I have been married we have shared a mutual love of going to the mountains. When we lived in Utah we went weekly up the canyon to our favorite fishing hole or to the silver fork lodge for some apple crisp or just to the lake for a evening walk.

In Colorado we didn't go up to the mountains as often only about once every three weeks but we made it a point to make sure we went often enough.

I love finding wild flowers and putting them in my scriptures to dry out. When I come across them I am reminded of our adventure. I have a columbine that is dried out that whenever I open my scriptures I remember our trip in Utah that I found it where we drove for hours and hours exploring a area we had never been. We just love driving and finding new places and enjoying the beauty of the trees, rivers and lakes.

This weekend Tony took me and the kids for a much needed break up to the mountains. We stayed in Payson a small city that is in the pines just outside of the White Mountains. We went up to several lakes and fished, we gathered flowers, swam, had a picnic and just relaxed. It was wonderful!

Although my cheeks are sunburned and my lips are chapped, I feel a small measure of peace that I haven't felt for awhile now and had been longing for. And for that I am very thankful!



12 comments:

Lori ~ LL-K said...

I'm so happy that you had a nice time!! It sounds wonderful!!

Crazymamaof6 said...

fun weekend! and yeah for feeling at peace.
that is awesome! hugs!

Jenifer said...

I'm glad you had a great weekend and that you were able to get away. Did you see the cabaret sign and think of me? hahahaha. I love being in the mountains, it is like coming home.

goingsome said...

Ah, the mountains clease the soul, EHEY? Nice to see the pics, beautiful. We love getting away to the mountains. In a way it makes my "challenges" feel so small. It seems to put it all in perspective for us.

sherry said...

Sheesh, I leave for a week and look at all that happens to you! For the record, no one really believes those glossed over blogs. I like yours better with all your refreshing truth. I think a lot of people get that way sometimes. I hope none of your kids' friends are really that horrible. Like you really need to deal with that! And I am glad you have been able to escape the city heat for a while. I have been dying to do that myself! But I knew darn well that Payson wasn't cool enough. A few degrees difference wasn't worth the price of the gas! Wendell grew up in Payson, and we lived there for three years after we got married. We owned a little insurance agaency up there. We still spent a lot of time up there in the summer when Wendell's parents lived there. Now his brother is the only one that lives there, and we never make it. But your pictures of the mountains are calling my name!

DANI KYNASTON said...

Love the pictures! We love the mountains as well. We loved to just drive up the canyon and roast wieners for family night. The smell is one of my favorite things int he world! What a great, fun, trip. It is making me think that I had better hit the mountains this fall!

Aprilyn said...

I'm glad you got to go to the mountains. It looks beautiful up there.

Shelli said...

I love nature things! I didn't know you press wildflowers -- I love doing that, too! Only I haven't done it in a long time. Maybe time to start again!

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

I'm so glad you got away from it all! It looks like you had a great time. The mountains are beautiful!!!!

Ginger said...

Which cheeks got sunburned?

raising4boys said...

Beautiful pictures! I love your idea of drying flowers in your scriptures. I too love nature. One of my favorite primary songs is Heavenly Father loves me.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Ah, the mountains! I love them too! I always feel at home when we head west and see them. Great blessing.