Monday, June 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Ethan!

Ethan Turns 1!
I can still remember the sinking feeling in my gut when I found out I was pregnant with Ethan.I wasn't feeling well and I decided on a whim to buy a pregnancy test. I was 99.9 percent certain I wasn't pregnant, but thought I sure feel sick like I am, so I will just check to be sure.When the stick started to turn color, I felt the blood rush out of my head. I got dizzy and had to sit immediately so I wouldn't pass out! I just couldn't believe it! I took 4 more pregnancy tests and was shocked each time I got a positive result.
Tony was thrilled we were going to have another baby. I was angry with him. I thought no way could I endure another 9 months of torture, throwing up, IVs, Medicine, Crazy hormones, etc...I called the missionaries in our ward and asked them to come over immediately. When they arrived I explained I needed a blessing...I was pregnant, and didn't think I could handle it. I was a mess.After receiving a blessing, I felt pure peace. It was a gift. I knew this baby was supposed to be ours.
Ethan came into our lives on June 9th weighing in at 7lbs, 9 oz. He was beautiful! I couldn't stop staring at him. He looked so different from my other babies. He looked so much like his daddy and I loved that!I would stare at him for hours. I couldn't put him down. I even slept with him in my bed! I felt such a feeling of gratitude for my Heavenly Father for bringing this sweet boy into my life.
That feeling has remained and has grown stronger. Ethan is such a joy to me and his daddy. To his brothers and sisters.
I think he has the sweetest personality. He cries only when he is tired, needs to be changed, or wants to be picked up.I don't know how I was blessed to have such a good baby! He is so, so good! The absolute happiest baby!
I will eternally be grateful that he is a part of our forever family! Happy Birthday my little angel!



9 comments:

raising4boys said...

So sweet!! My baby is easy going like Ethan. Truly a blessing :)

KLS said...

Oh my goodness. The cake pictures are priceless. What a cute little guy you have! He picked out a GREAT mom!

Shelli said...

Happy Birthday, Ethan! Can't imagine life without him, now, can you?

sherry said...

He really is the cutest kid. Hopefully that means all "surprise children" are easy going. That would really be a nice change! I'm crossing my fingers!

Lori ~ LL-K said...

Happy Birthday Ethan! That is such a sweet post!! He is such the cutie! My favorite picture is where his face is full of blue frosting!! Love first Birthdays!

Aprilyn said...

He is adorable! I love the cake pictures. They are the best!!!
Thanks for your comment on my blog. A great idea for FHE is this cool little book I got from Deseret Book. It's called 52 Weeks of Family Home Evening. It has a theme, a scripture, a song and a SHORT lesson. When I use it, I just pick a topic and I have my whole lesson laid out for me.

Crazymamaof6 said...

he's a Doll! looks like he had a fun time with that cake! happy birthday to Ethan!

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

He is soooo cute! I love his hair and his big beautiful grin!!!

Ana said...

He's growing up so much! The last time I saw him he was like 2 months old or something! I love that you called the missionaries to come and give you a blessing!