Saturday, June 28, 2008

Just a Reminder For Myself!

Well, this past week while visiting in Utah, I found myself being surprised by so many things that I had not realized how much I loved them until I had moved away here! I did not truly appreciate where I was at the moment!

The following pics are things I wish I had embraced as the blessing they were!

This first picture is the winds blowing like crazy! It sounds so fabulous to hear the wind blowing through hundreds of trees! I love the way the leaves looked as if they were dancing in the wind. It feels so good to be outside with the wind on your face, and hear the wind in the trees! Love, Love it!
















This next picture is the view from our backyard. If you were standing on the deck, you had an unobstructed view of the mountains! Sometimes in the fall Tony and I would sit on the deck and look at all the beautiful fall colors when the leaves had changed! The air would be crisp, and the view was amazing. It was so nice.

















This next photo is a fishing hole Tony and I used to fish weekly. It was in Big Cottonwood Canyon and it was only about a 15 minute drive from our house to this spot! It was so amazing there. We saw snakes (yikes), Deer, and Moose while fishing! We would bring our chairs and a lunch and spend hours there. I can't believe there were days that I would complain I didn't want to go! What I would give to be able to pack up and go to a fishing spot like that now! Beautiful!


















This next Picture is just one of the river. I was surprised when I turned on the faucet and the water was so, so cold it actually hurts! It's so cold from the snow runoff in the river. I forgot how I loved the ice cold water right from the sink!!











This photo is me in front of the Silver Fork Lodge in Big Cottonwood Canyon. We would take the kids up there for a yummy cup of hot chocolate after fishing sometimes to warm us up. It was so good! Tony and I would go up there sometimes and order a hot apple crisp to share. It is the best I've ever had.

The lodge has a delightful patio outside and I would go there with girlfriends or my in laws for lunch! I miss the Silver Fork!











This last picture is a kind of strange thing I loved when living in Utah, but I did love it! I don't know if you can see in this picture but there are white specks blowing in the air. It is cotton from the cottonwood trees! It would blow into every ones yards and gardens and most people I knew hated it when the cotton was on, but I loved the way it looked floating in the air!

I was actually surprised at times when I would think to myself OOOHH I love this why didn't I appreciate it more when I lived here???

Soo, this post is just a reminder for myself to take a moment daily and acknowledge the beauty and blessings around me. I want to be present in the moment and acknowledge the good now!




5 comments:

The Riggs Family said...

I loved your comments and I am so happy that you got away to visit memories and good friends. Your pictures are great, how fun!

DANI KYNASTON said...

I am always taken aback by the mountains when we go to UT. They are truly majestic. I also love, love, love the water. It is the best in the world - except Santaquin water - it is from a reservoir. I miss ice cold water from the tap in August. It is the best. I will relish it when I visit again!

Shelli said...

Another "bloom where you're planted moment!" I'm sure you'll find small things you love about Arizona as well (and I'm not talking scorpions!). Like Elder Ballard said, joy comes in moments. I like blogging, because it seems to focus our attention on the moments. I needed that!

Jenifer said...

Is there anything better than a Utah summer? Don't think so! How about the yummy tap water? You don't get that here in Gilbert!

Lori ~ LL-K said...

It amazes me how we all do. So, I think it is a good reminder to discover the beauty around us no matter where we are! By the way… Love the new hairdo!