I have been procrastinating cause I can't seem to think straight lately!My mind is numb here! Do you think having kids kills your brain cells? It seems like the more I have the less I can focus and remember things anymore! Bummer.
OK..On to business.
1. One of my favorite smells is the smell of pine sol! When I was younger I loved coming home to a spotless house and that smell after the maids had been there! Now we didn't have maids very often and being in a family of 8 kids it tends to get messy as you can imagine, so whenever I'd come through the doors and smell that smell I would know the maids had been there and it was always a treat! To this day I love that smell especially if I am lucky enough to have maids of my own come to clean.
2. I love to break out into a song or a dance and it is even better if I can get my kids to join me! I love Grace cause she is always up for it! I'll say Gracie girl..show me how you can shake your thing. And she will! She loves it. Now If I am dancing and I say Bailey check it out..do you love my bootilicious butt shake? She gets a disgusted look on her face and says ughh mom stop it I DO NOT love it! Hehe! Lighten up girl! Luckily I can get her to rock out with me sometimes and it is even funner when I can get the older ones to! The other day Zach and I were in the car and Marvin Gaye came on and we were both dancing and other cars were looking at us and we were crackin up! I love it! I think I get it from my mother, so maybe my kids will get that from me and they can pass the love on to their kids too!
3. I have to have presents under the Christmas tree! Ok, selfish I am sure, but my husband one year was saying we are broke this year so I don't think you or I should get anything for Christmas! I was devastated! It felt like he was saying he didn't love me anymore! I don't know why but it is important to me that he gets me presents and actually puts the time and thought into it.
I look back at growing up and the years when we were broke. I never felt like we were. We didn't get tons of stuff but I always got just what I wanted and it was magical. Now It's not the value of the gift I am looking for or the materialism..I just want that special Christmas feeling!
4. I have always wanted a big family~always! (be careful what you wish for Ü) When I was asked what I wanted to be when I grew up I said a mother! I actually wanted 8 or 9 kids, a station wagon with all the kids in it yelling and a dog with it's head hanging out the window. Seriously..I can remember wanting this! Weird I know but I do love having a big family. The blessings far outweigh the challenges!
5. I do not make friends easy. I am weird as heck when I am around people I don't know. It is like my brain has a brain fart and I can't think rationally! I say things and afterward I think what the heck? Why did I say that? I often joke I'd rather visit a proctologist than have to go to a new ward at church or meet new people! I am just socially retarded until I feel comfortable around them! It takes me months! Sometimes longer!I have a few really wonderful friends and I often wonder how they got over my weirdness to became good friends! I am grateful for them!
6. I love to laugh but don't do it much anymore! I am not sure when I became so serious! I used to be much more lighthearted. I need to get back there! When I was in a Bunko group I would come home from a evening of laughing and fun and my cheeks would actually be cramping and hurting from laughing so much and I'd think man I need to smile more and have fun! I need to lighten up!
7.I feel like a hot mess most of the time. I am not a great mother, great housewife, not as organized, not as slim, not as diligent, not as spiritual etc etc. I have been really hard on myself and often compare myself to others as I think alot of women do. I have been trying to counterbalance that by reminding myself what I am good at! I am a good wife who loves her husband fiercely, I am a good mom who may not be perfect but is really trying and feels blessed to have her kids, I have a love of God, and of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I am a good friend, and so on. I am trying to recognize more of what is good and hopefully change what is not one step at a time. It is obviously the theme of my life right now however that goes with the territory of where I am at for now!I think that is part of the process of being a mom and of growing emotionally and spiritually!
OK.. So do ya think I am freaky? Not so bad right?? Sorry ladies it took me so long to accept your challenge of the tag! But hey~ I did it!!
So.. I am going to pass the love along I tag~~