I was contemplating posting on Top Ten Tuesday when I read Crazy Mama's post of her top ten favs and tagged everyone reading, so there you go.. I guess I will post after all...
Here are my Top Ten Things I Just Can't Live Without!!!
1. Diet Coke~ It's my drink of choice..oh hell it's the only drink I drink ~uggg.Ok, I love the taste of it. I love the burn of it when it goes down on the first sip of the day. I like it on ice but will drink it in a can if no super big gulp is available! I Love it when I am stressed out and I space out my trips to the circle k or 7 eleven the way a smoker spaces out their cigarette breaks. I am totally 100 percent addicted to it and have been for probably a good 20 years or more! I had given it up for about 6 months once and unfortunately started up again. I love it. it is my drug/ drink of choice and I just can't live without it!
2. My family~ ok I know this should be #1 but I'm not addicted to them ... just kidding yeesh lighten up! My family as I have said before is the greatest source of joy and comfort for me! The greatest source of frustration too but I wouldn't give up either! I found myself missing them so much while I was gone. When I got home, our air conditioner upstairs had crapped out. We brought down our mattress and put it in the living room and slept there. kids on our bed, on the couches, on the floor! When I woke up, Ethan was laying on me, Grace and Bailey were on each side of me, and Tony and Hannah were squeezed on the mattress too! I had to laugh cause I was lovin it! It was fun!
I love the wicked sense of humor in Zachary, the gentleness in Rachelle, the willingness in Hannah, the affection from Bailey, the wild, crazy energy in Grace, and the joy in Ethan! I love the companionship in my husband. He is my best friend by far! I have four wonderful step children (Eric, Ashley, Anthony, and Elizabeth)who do not live with us right now and I love them tremendously! I was talking with Ashley the other day and thought what a good girls she is. Our family feels complete when they are with us! It is hard, but I do love having a big wild bunch!
My family is perfect.. perfect for me!
3.Clorox or Lysol cleaning wipes~ Love them for the kitchen counter tops, for the touch ups in the bathrooms in between cleaning days, and for cleaning up messes on the floors.
4.Air Conditioning~ Love it cold, cold here and I could not live here without it! With it not working upstairs right now, I try to not even go up there until it is fixed. Definitely couldn't live without it!
5. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints~ Being a member of the church has brought me comfort and direction throughout my life. I know who I am, where I am going, and what I should be doing! It helps me to try to be a better person. I am a work in progress and that is OK. I know that my Heavenly Father loves me wants better from me. I learned this at a early age while attending church.
It is a comfort to know my children are learning the same things at a early age!
6. Books~I love, love, love to read! It is one of my favorite things to do! I have been known to blow through a book in a day or stay up till 3 in the morning because I just couldn't put it down! It is a great escape when things are rough. I like to read just about anything entertaining and somewhat light..I don't want to have to concentrate too much. My lazy side I guess! Some of my favorite authors are James Patterson, Lee Child, Mary Higgins Clark, Sophie Kinsella, and Janet Evanovich ( she is so freaking funny!!) There are many others but those are just a few of my favs!
7. My sisters~ I grew up in a family of 8 kids! Being a part of a big family is wonderful. There are six of us girls! As a child I loved them and hated them too! Now, I just love them to death!
We are a very opinionated family. We tell it like it is. probably a flaw, but I like to think it is a blessing. What you see with us is what you get! We hold NOTHING back Ü
We are loud and shocking, and fun, and trashy. We had a sisters retreat several years ago and it was heaven! All my sisters (sisters in laws are definitely bona fide sisters now!) were there and it was a blast! We would go out to dinner and cackle and laugh hysterically raising eyebrows of others and causing a scene! We stayed up late talking, went tubing down the Provo river (maybe not such a great idea!), and had a blast! I love taking with them, sharing our lives and reminiscing! I wish we lived closer so we could all get together more regularly.
8. Chocolate~ Who doesn't love chocolate?? Especially when I am hormonal! I was having a particularly hard day a few months ago, and left the kids at home and went to Target. I found myself wandering aimlessly for over a hour. Didn't even feel like shopping! I finally found exactly what I needed. it was a Cheesecake Factory chocolate cheesecake. A WHOLE one! Yep, that's what I bought.. it was all I bought!!! Unfortunately I have to admit I ate a good portion of that sucker..Oh hell~ I ate it all!!! Maybe not a good idea to buy that when one is having a hormonal crisis! I do think it was therapeutic though! Ahhh chocolate! I love chocolate.
9. Music~ I love music so much. How about some Lincoln Park when I am pissed off, or listening to the Trisha Yearwood song my husband would sing to me when we were dating to help remind me why I fell in love with him, or the CD The Garden playing before I go to church to help make the day feel a little more peaceful and a little less hectic? I Love music like the Gap band to get my butt moving when I have no motivation. Music just moves me! Rock, Rap, Country, Hip Hop, Musicals, and some Operas. I love it all and it is a big part of my life!
10. The Beach~ Ever since I was little my family went to the beach on a regular basis. Camping there or just a fun day boogie boarding. The sound of the ocean is soothing. Nothing beats a sunset at the end of the day like one at the beach! I love the smell of the ocean and the feel of the sand on my feet. Every time we go California, we have to go to the beach. I miss it so much and love it!
Sooo there are my top ten Tuesday things. Bet you probably could have guessed some of those eh?
Oh one more thing~Here's Crazy Mama's post if you want to do it too!http://crazymamaof6.blogspot.com/2008/07/ten-things-i-cant-live-without-perfect.html