Tuesday, November 11, 2008

52 Blessings Project ~ Week 45

This Week I Am Grateful For~ Having A Microwave!
When we first moved here the microwave was not working. We went two weeks without one! At first I thought no biggie, we would get a new one on the next paycheck. But Oh my heck! I thought I was going to die without it! What was I going to do when I forgot to put the butter out to soften? Or can you cook Hot Pockets in the oven? Do I admit that I actually burnt canned ravioli on the stove top?
Fact is I am a domestic retard without that sucker and since the broken one has been replaced I find myself smiling each and every time as I soften a cube of butter or cook a corn dog for lunch and for that I am very grateful!

3 comments:

Jenifer said...

I totally take mine for granted. I don't think we realize how often we use them. So....can you cook a hot pocket in the oven? I bet it would taste better:)

goingsome said...

Oh I totally hear ya. Our microwave stopped working a few years back and I only lasted 1 day. I couldn't stand it and didn't realize how much I relied on it. Thank goodness for the modern technology. How did our Mother's get by without?

DANI KYNASTON said...

When Brent and I were first married, we didn't have a microwave. I remember wondering how I ever survived without one after we got one. To think we went a whole year sans-microwave! Scary!