My cousin Sherry tagged me on this one. Luckily it's easier than the others so here goes...
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial. We used to get real ones but they were always bone dry and I was afraid they would catch on fire! last year a bulb on my artificial tree went out and I spent hours trying to find the burnt out bulb. I finally got pissed and started cutting the lights off! I had blisters on my fingers and was hopping mad. After Christmas I threw that sucker in the trash and swore I'd never buy another fake tree again. Tony's work has a 50% off sale of all Christmas and we get another 20% off. So today I am heading off to buy another fake one. So much for never. I just can't pass up a good bargain!
3. When do you put up the tree? When I have a fake one I like to put it up the day after Thanksgiving. If it is real whenever I have the money to buy it and the time to put it up!
4. When do you take the tree down? Always before April. Always.
5. Do you like eggnog? Nope, sick nasty!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? A doll cradle. I don't remember a doll but I remember how much I loved that cradle!
7. Hardest person to buy for? Tony without a doubt! he sucks at how picky he is! And he often finds out what I buy and tries to be subtle at letting me know it wasn't a great choice! I just have him tell me what he wants and where it is. I do have a few surprises this year though...
8. Easiest person to buy for? My little ones. They are so excited for Christmas and it makes the season so magical! Bailey and Grace fight over the commercials. One screams I want it and the other hits them and says NO I WANT IT!! Yesterday Bailey was in my room and I was in the bathroom in the hall. I kept hearing her scream I want it. I want it. I was wondering who she was saying this to and why she kept saying it over and over. When I came in to see I was horrified. EVERY commercial that came on she was screaming to herself and the universe at large that she wanted it. They are every advertising firms dream! I'm thinking I can't go wrong here. They want everything!
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Some. I am super excited though cause Lowes has one that I am picking up today. Yes 70% off. Are you jealous? It has tall standing Mary and Joseph and baby Jesus in the manger. The stable is one of those blow ups. The whole thing is for the front of my house! Yeah!! I can't wait.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. I am horrible at getting them sent out in time but I love getting them and I feel good when I get them out!
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? From my Ex. It was a dark turd green outfit embellished with gold to help you not puke a little in your mouth when you look at it! He even bought matching gold shoes! Seriously the ugliest outfit EVAH! Saddest part??? I wore it many times to please him! Didn't want to hurt his feelings that I hated it! He had the WORST taste. Christmas was a bummer with him.
He took Zach and Rachelle shopping for Mother's day for me. He wanted Rachelle to buy me this African Dress with a matching head piece. She came home freaked out and said "Mom, you just wouldn't believe it, you really, really wouldn't!" Ummm, Rach, yes I would! I really, really would! Hehehe!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Story. You'll shoot your eye out! I look forward to that saying all year long. If you haven't seen it do it now! You'll laugh your butt off. It is one of our favs. That and Christmas vacation. Fav part of that one? The man says where are you going to put a tree that big? Clarke says bend over and I'll show you. The man says how dare you talk to me like that. Clarke says I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to your wife! Sick I know but I had tears rolling down my face and was humiliated the first time I saw it! It was so freakin funny. gotta see that classic too if you haven't seen it. Last movie~ It's a wonderful life. I like to watch it when Christmas is hectic and I am frustrated. Perspective goes a long way folks1
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? A few weeks before Thanksgiving. Christmas will be tight so I am shopping sales. Yes..I even gave in and did black friday!
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Probably
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? The cookies and candies. I love cooking all season long. I love the favorites we make year after year.
16. Colored or Clear Lights? Colored
17. Favorite Christmas song? Christmas isn't Christmas without Amy Grant, John Denver, and Alabama Christmas Cd's. My fav song? Candle in the window by Alabama!
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Nope. Not even gonna try!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star or Santa depending on my mood!
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We open P.J's on Christmas Eve and the gifts from the name exchange with the kids and the kids open presents from Grandparents and the rest Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Nothing so far!
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Santa's and deep red.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Traditional Proffitt family Christmas food.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year?My house cleaned. Same as always. probably not gonna happen so I'll settle on a cute outfit!
26. White or Warm Christmas? White. I am trying to come to grips with having a warm one and making it feel like Christmas still. I miss snow!
27. Favorite thing about Christmas? The lights. We go driving with the kids often and rate who has the best light displays!
28. Favorite Christmas Tradition? We light a candle and read from our Christmas book. It has scriptures and stories nightly. We sing and open a door on the advent calenders. It is a fun tradition that we look forward to every year.
29. Favorite Christmas Location? Home.
30. Who do you tag? OK. I won't steal all the sisters again! Shelli, Claudia,Jennifer,Kiran,Cara,and Rhonda Lue! Have fun ladies!