Thursday, May 7, 2009

A Little Scare!

While we were in Atlanta last week I had a little scare and was bleeding. At first I thought it was just my cervix and the usual problems I tend to have. But it got worse and I was cramping alot. So I stopped doing anything. I laid around a bunch and Tony even had me use a wheelchair when we went to the aquarium. I thought that was overkill but he was insistent so I did it. Well guess what? I went to the Drs when I got home and they did a sonogram. Found out I had a placental abruption! Wow! Was told if I had not taken it easy and had not used the wheelchair it would have been catastrophic!
Can I just say how grateful I feel that things are OK? I was really uneasy and kept telling myself I was overreacting. Guess I wasn't worried enough!
Next week they are sending me to a perinatologist and I am on bed rest again. Funny how I don't mind doing bed rest this time after hearing the Dr tell me how lucky we are.
Good news is the baby is about a pound and a half. We're making progress here....

Stay tuned for some great pics of the family reunion in Atlanta! It was so cool to see so much family we haven't seen for over 10 years!!!

11 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm so glad to hear that everythings going fine now. that is a bit of scare. take it easy and keep us updated.

Mike, Suzann and Family said...

Oh Lauri! I am so glad that you are ok. Enjoy the time on bed rest. It will make the rest of the family really appreciate what you do around the house. :) You will be in our thoughts and prayers!

The Northwest Bunch said...

I have been worried about and thought I needed to call you yesterday but my life was out of control with activities. I should have stopped and listened to the prompting. I am so sorry I did not.

I am glad that you are doing better. Stay on bed rest until this baby is born. We love you and you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Crazymamaof6 said...

AACK! scary! glad Tony was so insistent.

perfect timing for them to get a maid for mothers day for you. since you are on bed rest!

hang in there.

Juli said...

I am SO glad Tony insisted you used the wheelchair!!!!
I have been so worried about you. I wondered how it would be once the baby started getting bigger. ugh! now we know. Take it easy and use all those little slaves... oops I mean children to help you around the house. I love you!

Jenifer said...

Scary! Yay Tony! I'm glad things turned out (pretty much) okay and the little peanut is getting bigger!

Shelli said...

Scary, scary! Follow doctor's orders, OK!!! This isn't something to mess around with. We'll keep you in our prayers!!!

Ginger said...

Be good, stay in bed and blog.

Rhonda said...

Oh my goodness! You ARE lucky you took it easy and Tony made you do the wheelchair. I know lots of preemie moms that became so through placental abruptions. I'm worried 'bout ya!

Girl, take it easy and keep baking that baby! And do you have a laptop near your bed so you can keep blogging? lol

kristifritzel said...

Hey you are almost at the point where you can have the baby and she'll be ok. A stay in the NICU maybe, but she'll get through. Just keep holding on and laying down. Take care of yourself.

So, what was the final verdict on the thong debate?

Kricket said...

Wow! I'm so glad you're okay. I know its hard to take it easy when you're a busy mom but I'm so glad he convinced you to do so.