Sunday, October 3, 2010

Our Fall Escape Day 1!

I am burnt out on heat, dirt, and desert! So at the beginning of this month we decided to get away and rent a cabin up in the White Mountains! I went online and found the most amazing cabin ever!! It was SO reasonable priced so we booked it and headed up.
We were delighted at how gorgeous it is! And the size of it is perfect for our big family. My favorite part of the whole cabin is the wrap around deck. It is all enclosed so Adelynn can walk around and play while I read a book or just sit watching squirrels and birds. I love, love the sound of the wind blowing through the trees! And the smell...oh the smell! Nothing like the smell of pine trees!



The first night Tony decided to go golfing so I made the kids some popcorn and we sat on that porch for a hour. That is heaven to me!










The property has a creek running through it and the creek empties into some ponds. We spent hours catching fish and trying to catch frogs.


I also loved the dining room table. The kids would be excited to help set the table for the meals. Grace thought a round table was super cool cause we could look at everyone! haha! It was great seeing how happy it made them to be sitting there with family. So sweet.

I was so thrilled to have found this place and it was exactly everything I had hoped it would be!



























I am already planning a return trip this winter and am talking to the owner about renting it for a week during the fourth of July!

1 comment:

Kricket said...

I am so jealous! Fourth of July would be super fun! You guys could go swimming in the lake and relax. How awesome. So glad to see you posting girl! I miss it.