Monday, January 6, 2020

Forward!

Happy New Year!
I love this time of year. it's a time of reflection. Goal setting. Hope. Excitement over possibilities.
This year I have decided on choosing a word of the year vs New years goals. Lets be real. I *may* have purchased a gym membership  a time or three in January only to have used it two or three times. Then end up paying the entire year. sigh. 

I make these goals then when I don't follow up on them I feel like crap. A failure! And with that comes my total lack of motivation to
even try any more. Yikes!

So in thinking about my goals this year  I knew I wanted to be a little more kind to myself in the process. Which led me to a word of the year.
I keep coming back to forward! I don't have to be perfect. But I do have to keep moving forward. I may not be hitting the gym daily but I WILL be mindful of my health. Baby steps. Daily. Did I drink my water today? Good. Moving forward. Did I make a better food choice that day? Good moving forward. Did I list a new house today? Moving forward.
I want to move forward in faith. Take those daily steps that move me forward. Towards the big goals. 
Every day if I am struggling to make the right choices to get me where I want to be I am going to whisper to myself....FORWARD!!

I can feel the possibilities. And I am excited! How about you?

No comments: