Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas Cookie Exchange 2009!






Well my annual Christmas cookie exchange came and it was as fun as ever!


It is something that I look forward to every year. I kinda over do it a bit I am told but it is something that I love doing!




Some of the ladies that came for the first time were a little intimidated with baking 9 dozen cookies, but hopefully in the long run it was worth it for them! I even had one lady who emailed me wanting to know if I was serious! Hahaha!




Anyhow, 11 ladies were able to make it this year. It was definitely a fun bunch of ladies!




I had friends I knew from ,y childhood, friends from high school, friends from my old ward in Gilbert, friends from my new ward in Chandler, a friend I had made recently at Sam's club, and my cousin too! To me that is what the holidays are about. Spending it with friends and family. It's one of the things that makes the holidays for me!




We had a yummy dinner then we swapped cookies.I think the boxes I made this year turned out cuter than the ones I made last year and the cookies looked so cute in them!




Thank you to all my friends who came for making it such a great night. I am already looking forward to next years exchange!!!



7 comments:

Kricket said...

You're house looks so pretty. Nine dozen cookies is a lot! lol I thought your mom was crazy for asking me to make 6 dozen. I'm glad you got to do something fun with the girls!

Amanda said...

i'm jealous! how fun. next year i demand a shipment of those cookies ;) they look so yummy and it looks like you all had a blast

Amanda said...

i'm jealous! how fun. next year i demand a shipment of those cookies ;) they look so yummy and it looks like you all had a blast

Ginger said...

It was a success! I am sure the friends loved it. You always go crazy but that's why we love you. Don't forget to order the boxes for next year.

Lynda said...

Boy, I'm glad I wasn't at your house. Although I wish I were. What a way to start off the New Year! 9 Dozen cookies. YUMMY.
Looks fabulous. I'm glad you have a group of friends to get together with.

Crazymamaof6 said...

WHAT THE HECK! where is my freaking invite to the wonder? sheesh. next year, i want an invite lady! ;)

looks like a great time! super fun and WHOOHOO look at all those cookies! fun!

sherry said...

you always know how to do it up right. Glad it's you and not me! The boxes were beautiful, i loved them. it is always a fun time. Hey, we should get that girl Karen to show us how to do those flowers. I tried myself and it didn't turn out well....